2023-2024 School Physicals
Avera Medical Group
Avera Medical Group (AMG) is providing two options regarding upcoming "sports physicals" this summer. The first option is a Well Child Exam. The vast majority of insurance companies now are required to pay for preventative health services including an annual Well Child Exam. Typically, there is not a co-pay on a Well Child Exam. The Well Child Exam would then be paid for 100%. It is always best to check with your insurance.
Second, we do offer the "school physical" alone, and the cost is $35, due the day of service. This wil not be billed to insurance
We want to take this opportunity to inform parents of how a Well Child Exam works. This exam is much more thorough and Includes:
- A complete head-to-toe physical examination, including vital signs such as height, weight, BMI, heart rate, respiratory rate and blood pressure.
- A review of your child's allergies and medications.
- A review of your child's immunizations; this could include providing those that are due.
- A review of your child's past medical and social history, which includes a review of risky behaviors such as tobacco and alcohol use, food and caffeine choices and seat belt use.
Most importantly, the Well Child Exam is an excellent opportunity for your provider to educate your teen about healthy lifestyles and behaviors. The healthcare industry Is trying to educate everyone on the importance of prevention, this is one way we can start making our teens healthier.
Avera Medical Group will be offering Well Child Exams and sports physicals throughout the summer during clinical hours of Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. We strongly encourage parents to schedule your child with a provider any time throughout the summer. We do want to encourage you to get your child in sooner rather than later. We want to make sure our providers have the adequate time to spend with your child. We encourage you to check with your insurance company in regards to how your family plan works. Please make sure you review your child's immunization record prior to their appointment. If you have questions as to if they need vaccinations, please call and visit with a nurse.
Please bring the following to your scheduled appointment:
- A parent (we will need parent permission to administer vaccines)
- Your child's immunization record
- COMPLETED school physical form: 2023-2024 Physical Form
Please call us with questions at 402-254-3935. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your health care team! Best of luck next season!
Amy Rief-Elks, DO
Tonya Joachimsen, NP
Denise Taggart, PA